Offering Free Wi-Fi Improves Marketing Efforts
Everyone knows that free Wi-Fi is available at Starbucks. It’s almost a lure. Hotels are beginning to offer free Wi-Fi and most restaurants, airports and malls offer free Wi-Fi. In fact, the only ones who don’t seem to see the value in offering free Wi-Fi are the airlines. But, that’s a blog for another day.
According to a recent study, 77% of Americans own smartphones. This in itself should tell you as a business, if you want them to come, offer free Wi-Fi. We love free Wi-Fi. But, is there a benefit for businesses to offer it? There are many! Here’s what the study says:
- 3% of businesses reported customers spending more time due to the free Wi-Fi
- 69% saw an immediate increase in traffic coming into their business.
Some things to consider before you launch your free Wi-Fi include having a system big enough to handle multiple users at the same time, unlimited downloads and fast speed. Failing to have speed will only cause frustration and have a negative feeling.
Make it Sweeter with a CloverTM Point-of-Sale System.
If you have a CloverTM Point of Sale system, you can combine it with the VivaSpot W-Fi app and offer free Wi-Fi with a branded login page via email or even through Facebook using your CloverTM terminal. This turns your Wi-Fi into a mega data collection source for you.
VivaSpot is an intelligent app that automates your marketing efforts. Here are some of the things VivaSpot and CloverTM do for you:
- Provide your customers with free Wi-Fi
- Personalize Wi-Fi login and exit pages with sales, messages or promotions
- Collect your customer email addresses for email campaigns
- Automatically email your customers with special offers
- Grow social media presence
- Create rewards, incentives and discounts
- Ask for customer feedback
- Scan coupons and collect data on who redeemed them
For more information about CloverTM Point of Sale systems, contact Chosen Payments at 855-4CHOSEN (855-424-6736).